National Autism Conference
Grupio App: An Interactive Tool
We are excited to announce the return of the Grupio app, an interactive tool for our 19th Annual National Autism Conference. This app will provide you with the ability to have instant connection to available conference session handouts and resources directly from your laptop or smart device. View these instructions to access Grupio (Adobe PDF).
The Autism conference provides comprehensive, evidence-based information to assist educators, other professionals, and families in developing effective educational programming for all students with autism spectrum disorders.
Who Should Attend
Family members, physicians, speech-language pathologists, administrators, higher-education faculty, general and special education professionals, early-intervention staff, related service personnel, behavioral health analysts/professionals, and anyone interested in autism spectrum disorders.
2015 National Autism Conference Outcomes
- Cite specific research findings concerning autism spectrum disorders and relate them to assessment, instruction, and progress determination, including specific communication.
- Describe appropriate interventions, materials, and progress-monitoring practices based on continuous instructional evidence in the areas of cognition, language, social skills, and motor skills.
- Identify, analyze, and apply evidence-based practices for the treatment of students with autism spectrum disorders in cognition, communication, and social and motor skills.
- Formulate practical and evidence-based instructional plans for students with autism spectrum disorders in order to have them progress in the general education curriculum with specific accommodations in language, cognition, and social and motor skills.
- Incorporate the use of instructional technology and visual-graphic organizers into the instruction of students with autism spectrum disorders in order to increase organizational skills and improve achievement.
- Relate specific assessment and intervention procedures to the general education curriculum and academic standards and benchmarks, including specific applications to communication-based approaches.
Conference Logistical Information
- Handouts, from presenters who provide permission, will be available on this website just prior to the conference. You may download and print the handouts prior to attending the conference.
- Wireless Internet access at The Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel will be complimentary in the meeting rooms. Select and connect to the "attwifi" network, then open a web browser to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Brochures are not being printed for the conference. All information pertaining to The National Autism Conference is available on this website.