Virtual Poster Session
In order to highlight scientific and promising practices within educational programs serving students with autism, the National Autism Conference seeks submissions for presentations for the conference poster session. This year, the poster session will be held in a virtual format. Poster authors will create a 10- to 15-minute recorded presentation to share their work with conference attendees. Authors will also have the opportunity to interact with conference participants during a 30-minute question and answer session that will be held using Zoom. Author attendance in the Zoom session is encouraged but not required.
Poster Categories and Submission Criteria
Learn more about the three poster categories, review submission criteria, and see examples of prior submissions:
Submit a Poster Proposal
Proposals due: Friday, July 2
Early submissions are encouraged!
Proposals will undergo a blind review process by up to four reviewers. During the review, the committee may request additional information from the authors and/or may reassign the poster to another category.
The poster review committee will communicate their decision to the primary author within approximately four weeks from the date that the application was submitted. It is the responsibility of the primary author to communicate this decision to his/her co-presenters.
Upon acceptance of the poster application, the primary author will be sent information detailing the requirements of the recorded poster presentation and the virtual poster session. It is our recommendation that poster authors wait to register for conference attendance until they know the outcome of their proposal. If the proposal is accepted, and the authors fall under one of the registration categories for which a registration fee is charged, the primary and secondary authors will be given complimentary registration. (Please note, if there are more than two authors for an accepted poster proposal, any additional poster authors beyond the first and second names listed on the proposal will need to pay a registration fee if they fall under a category of attendee that has a registration fee.)
Virtual Poster Presentation Guidelines
- Poster recordings must be no longer than 15 minutes in length. If recordings are received that exceed this length, they will be returned to the primary author with the request to re-record the presentation to fit the allotted time.
- Recordings should be in a mp4 format and can be recorded via zoom, powerpoint, or other similar software.
- Recordings will be uploaded into a designated google folder by the primary author.
- The recorded poster presentations will undergo an additional review by the poster review committee; the primary author may receive feedback and requests for revision prior to the start of the conference.
- The recorded poster presentation is due by July 16, 2021.