The Parent Scholarship is available for first-time attendees to the National Autism Conference who are Pennsylvania residents and parent(s) of a child with autism. Parents of children who receive Early Intervention services are eligible, regardless of whether they have attended in the past.
Registration is now closed (deadline to apply was May 1).
Scholarship Details and Eligibility
Reimbursement for travel expenses will be available to a limited number of Pennsylvania parents attending the National Autism Conference. These funds will be provided through the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN), the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and the Pennsylvania Bureau of Special Education.
Please note that parents employed in a professional capacity by a school entity should follow the attendance and reimbursement policy of the school entity. Scholarship participants are ineligible to receive professional credits as complimentary registration. To receive professional credits, you must register as a “Pennsylvania Parent (if mother or father) requesting professional credits.” You would be eligible to receive travel reimbursement expenses if the scholarship is awarded.
Pennsylvania parents interested in attending any portion of the National Autism Conference must apply by Monday, May 1, to be considered. Scholarships will be awarded by Monday, May 15. Notification will also be sent to applicants who are not awarded scholarships. Priority is given to children of parent scholarship recipients for spots in the Children’s Institute during the conference.
Applicants are encouraged to make their hotel arrangements immediately, as lodging accommodations become more limited as the conference date approaches. Daily continental breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided as part of the National Autism Conference. Receipts for any additional approved expenses must be submitted for reimbursement. In addition to your receipts, you must submit the session verification codes for a minimum of 75% of conference sessions to be eligible for your scholarship travel reimbursement.
Travel expenses must be paid up-front by the parent scholarship recipient(s). Reimbursement is typically 4-6 weeks after the conference.
Allowable expenses for reimbursement up to $1000 per family (PA residents only):
- Complimentary conference registration for up to 2 parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Lodging reimbursement during the conference if you live at least 30 miles from the conference location. A lodging receipt that shows your name and the amount you paid is required. Reimbursement up to $140 per night, for a maximum amount of $560.
- Mileage if you live more than 30 miles away to be reimbursed at 65.5 cents per mile and tolls. Maximum mileage reimbursement of $250.
- Meal reimbursement up to per diem expense that are NOT provided as part of the National Autism Conference. Per diem rate for each parent or guardian is $31 for dinner. (Continental breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided at the conference.) The first and last day of travel will be reimbursed at 75 percent of the per diem rate no matter what time the traveler departs or returns. Meal receipts are not required.
- Priority for Children’s Institute spots will be given to parent scholarship recipients with children ages 6 weeks–21 years of age for all ability levels and their siblings. You do not need to complete a separate enrollment for the Children’s Institute at this time to be eligible. Please note that online registration for the Children’s Institute opens May 1 and closes May 31. If you are planning for your child(ren) to attend, you MUST register them during this enrollment window via the Children’s Institute page.